Harris County Municipal Utility District No. 365 (“MUD 365”) is seeking to enter into an engineering services contract with a state-registered design engineer in connection with its Type I water reuse facilities project. The following outlines this request for qualifications.
I. Scope of Work.
The Scope of work required by MUD 365 in connection with this RFQ covers the spectrum of design and construction services relating to the construction and installation of a Type I effluent water reuse facility at MUD 365’s existing wastewater treatment plant. The Engineering contract will encompass all project-related engineering services, including, but not limited to the following:
- Preliminary and final design plans and specifications;
- Permitting and regulatory compliance with North Harris Regional Water Authority;
- Preparation of the bid package and advertising oversight;
- Field testing and inspections (interim and final); and
- Other special services.
II. Statement of Qualifications.
MUD 365 is seeking to contract with a competent Engineering firm, registered to practice in the State of Texas, that has had experience in the following areas:
- Municipal and public utility construction including but not limited to design and construction oversight of effluent water reuse projects;
- Registered and in good standing as a professional engineer per the Texas Engineering Practice Act; and
- Projects located in this general region of the State.
As such, please provide within your proposal a list of past local government clients, as well as resumes of all Engineers that will or may be assigned to this project if you receive the Engineering services contract award. Also, please provide a copy of your current certificate of insurance for professional liability.
III. Evaluation Criteria.
The proposals received will be evaluated and ranked according to the following criteria:
- Qualifications of all individuals to be assigned.
- Experience of the firm in providing services outlined in this RFQ.
- Responsiveness of the proposal to this RFQ.
- Any other considerations MUD 365 deems relevant.
IV. Deadline for Submission.
Please submit electronic copies of the proposal, via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject: HC 365 RFQ. Proposals will be received up to but no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, June 12, 2020. Please call 713-860-6479 with questions. A copy of the preliminary engineering report will be made available upon request.